Sunday, April 16, 2017

Snippets Window

I recently won a nice prize from the Snippets Playground challenge - this window die by Die-namics, and this cat stamp by Paper Xtra.  I wanted to use both, and thought this sketch would work, but I think in retrospect the kitty is a bit too large.  Oh, well - I usually post just about everything I make, so it will have to do!  I used the wood grain embossing and a bit of a branch also by Die-namics.   I added some punched rose butterflies.
I think I outdid myself with snippets!  The cat is stamped on the piece from the window.  I found a bit of the tree DP that just fit, and used scraps for both the rose and blue embellishments. I think I actually used up a scrap or two.
Sketch:   Tuesday Morning Sketches
Window & rose color:   Butterfly Spot Challenge
Animal/birds:   Crafty Friends
                            Crafty Catz
Inspiration:   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday 
Spring:    Die Cuttin Divas
                 Penny Black at Allsorts
Any:      Show us your Pussies
              Imagine That Digistamp 
              Creatalicious 
              Jo's Scrapshack 

15 comments:

Debbie said...

So cute! I love your fun image and the embossing!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Anonymous said...

Nope, I think the cat works there in the frame. It looks adorable! Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
Evelyn

Mrs A. said...

I love the view of the forest through your window and he is one swanky cat. I think it all works together perfectly. Thank you for fluttering by my butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Lin said...

Love the mix of supplies you used, Dorothy - lots of texture, patterns, and fun! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

brenda said...

It's a real fun kitty cat Dorothy, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Dorothy thank you for joining us over on
Crafty Catz
Dianne xx
CC DT

Lisa xx said...

Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge, with such a beautiful card....we hope to see you again soon xx

Lisa xx said...

Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge, with such a beautiful card....we hope to see you again soon xx

Laura ElleBi said...

What a lovely card!!!
Thanks for joining Crafty Friend
DT Laura

ike said...

FABulous - what a clever way to put all the pieces together. I think the kitty that size is just purr-fect :-D I have that stamp somewhere and you've inspired me to go dig him out and use him :-D
Thank you very much for purring along to SUYP Cats CHALLENGES :-)
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Gale said...

What a fun and cute card Dorothy. Thank you for sharing with us at Creatalicious and we hope to see you again soon. Gale DT

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card, wonderful design using the prizes you won!
Thanks so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More!

Linby said...

How lovely to win that fab window die - it looks fab and nice stamping too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! CREATIVE PLAYGROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional birthday” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…