Monday, September 5, 2016

Special Christmas 2016 #2


This is to continue my tradition of creating Christmas cards for grandkids that are special in some way - this may be called a double gatefold or maybe a z-fold. .The original piece is 12x5.5; each side is folded, then folded back.  The belly band and image hold it closed.  I will add a name and greeting to the front, and the inside has a pocket.  Another tradition is to give a donation in their honor - organizations like World Vision and Samaritan's Purse offer items such as $50 for school supplies in Africa or $50 for medical supplies in a third world country.  We have the fun of "matching" interests, and providing an object lesson in giving.  We include the donor card in the pocket.
Image - QKR  digital shepherd boy - reminds me of the song "The Shepherd Boy".
Swiss Dot embossing folder - Cuttlebug; shimmery champagne and textured blue cs.

More than one fold/cards and more cards - this is #2 of 6:    Scor-pal
Christmas song:   Happy Little Stamper Christmas Challenge
"Character" of Christmas:   Winter Wonderland challenge
Embossing:    C.R.A.F.T.
Any:  House that stamps built

I did not take additional photos of this card, but here is an "open" view of the first z-fold card I posted on Sept. 10:
 

10 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful card and how special what a nice card for a special grand child or I also really like the organization you described. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week. Shirley H.

Patti J said...

Dorothy, I love this! So happy you entered it in our challenge. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Dorothy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Heather said...

What a sweet image! And it sounds like a fabulous fold. And I love hearing that you donate in your grandchildren's name. For Christmas I ask my family members to do the same for me. Specially love Samaritan's Purse, they are doing so many good works in so many different places. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Brenda said...

What wonderful traditions your have created. This is a beautiful, elegant card that I am sure will bring your grandchildren joy. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Aunty Sue said...

such a lovely christmas card thanks for sharing at Craft

Ravengirl said...

This is a wonderful Christmas card and it's sounds very special. What a great tradition you have with your grandkids.

Judith said...

I love your gorgeous traditional card - thank you so much for joining in with out challenge at Winter Wonderland - and sorry I'm so late with my comment hugs judith x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a special tradition of making special cards for your grandchildren and making donations in their names. Beautiful. This is a really lovely card. Love the z fold, love the embossing and your sweet image too. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Neha said...

I love your gorgeous traditional card! Thank you for playing along at Happy Little Stamper - Christmas Challenge and I hope you to see you next month!

- Neha
HLS DT